Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Real love

By Noer Kim

The Day I Realized You Never Really Loved Me 

The hardest part wasn't the arguments.

It was watching you see me hurting
and still choosing to do nothing about it.

You watched me cry.
You watched me fall apart.
You knew your actions were breaking my heart...
yet nothing ever changed.

That's when I understood --
that isn't what love looks like.

Love doesn't watch someone it claims to love
slowly fall apart.
Love doesn't protect its pride while sacrificing the
heart of the person it promised to cherish.

Looking back, I finally realized...

Maybe you didn't love me.
Maybe you loved what my love gave you.

The comfort.
The attention.
The loyalty.
The certainty that I would always stay.

But love without care isn't love at all.

And the moment I finally accepted that,
walking away stopped feeling impossible.

Because real love never makes you beg
to be seen, heard, respected, or valued.

The right person will never take for granted
the heart they were lucky enough to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment