From M.N. Borromeo
It's not really about whether the cheater is sorry.
Many cheaters cry. Many apologize. Many swear
they've changed.
The harder question is: Can you live with what
staying may require of you?
Because taking back a cheater is not just about
forgiveness. It means living with what you now
know about the person you love and what that
knowledge has done to you.
The images. The suspicion. The anxiety when their
phone lights up. The questions that appear when
they're late. The humiliation of knowing they wre
capable of betraying you, then coming home,
looking you in the eyes, and carrying on as if
nothing had happened.
That's why reconciliation is not just about whether
you still love them.
It's about the psychological price of staying with
someone your mind has learned may not be safe
to trust.
And that creates a battle inside you.
Your heart remembers the love and says, "Maybe
we can rebuild."
Your mind remembers the betrayal and warns,
"They did it once. They could do it again."
And your self-respect asks the question that hurts
the most:
"Is this how low I've fallen, that I can now accept
someone who cheated on me? This used to be my
non-negotiable. Have I lost so much of myself that
I'm now willing to accept the very thing I once
swore I never would?"
That is the real battle after infidelity.
The cheater can apologize. They can change.
They can spend years trying to become someone
worthy of your trust again.
But they cannot stop the battle they created inside
you.
And in the end, the hardest question may not be
whether you can forgive them.
It may be whether you can forgive yourself for
letting them stay.
No comments:
Post a Comment