From Restore My Relationship
I'M NOT PRAYING FOR SOMEONE NEW.
I'M PRAYING FOR GOD TO HEAL WHAT STILL MATTERS TO MY HEART.
I'm not asking God to erase the past or pretend
the pain never happened.
I'm asking Him to heal what was broken.
To bring peace where there was tension.
To replace bitterness with forgiveness.
To bring understanding where words once caused wounds.
To restore what can only be restored through Him.
Because the restoration isn't simply getting back together.
It's becoming different people before trying to build something again.
Sometimes God begins His work in a relationship long before we see anything change on the outside.
He works in the hidden places:
in the heart,
in the thoughts,
in the emotions,
in the wounds,
and in the choices we makes when no one is watching.
What feels like silence may actually be preparation.
God may be teaching you to release control, grow in wisdom, heal your own heart, and trust Him with what you cannot fix yourself.
I used to think restoration would begin when the other person changed.
Now I understand that sometimes God begins by changing me.
So if that person is still in your prayers, don't let the lack of answers make you lose faith.
You don't have to know how the story will end.
Just place it in God's hands.
Pray with faith.
Heal with patience.
Trust His timing.
And let Him lead you one step at a time.
What looks finished to you may not be the end of what God is doing.
Some chapters close before we understand why.
Others begin when we finally surrender them to God.
I DON'T WANT TO START A
NEW STORY.
NEW STORY.
I want God to do something new
in the story that already exists.
No comments:
Post a Comment