Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Give you

"I give you something solemn and unwavering, a devotion that will not retreat when life grows cold. merciless, and full of sorrow. I will be your hush in the midst of despair, your shelter when grief wraps itself around you, and your nearness when the night within you feels too deep to bear alone. I will remain beside you through silence, through trembling, through every unspoken wound, and I will cherish your light all the more because I know how easily this world can dim it. I will guard the trust you place in me with reverence, honour every tender part of you, and meet your sorrow with patience, truth, and a faithfulness untouched by time. When the weight of existence presses against your soul, I will try to carry it with you; when your spirit falters, I will remind you softly of the beauty that still lives within you; and when all else withers and falls away, I will still be there, choosing you with a quiet certainty that feels almost like mourning. Because you are the sweetest ache I have ever known, the gentleness I would follow through every shadow, and the one I will hold with all the sorrow, devotion, and trembling gratitude that lives within me until my final breath."

~Steve De'lano Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment