Monday, July 20, 2026

The wind

 From Dark Poetry Uncensored

When it's my time to fade
Let me come back as the wind

I want to howl when it aches inside me
To tear open streets
Bend trees
Shatter glass

I'll be the force of nature
I was always too scared to feel
Too scared to be

But I'll whisper too

Slipping over water
Through open windows
Tracing skin and hair
Soft enough to make you shiver

I want to lift a fallen bird's wings one last time
To carry someone's ashes through the endless sky
And let them scatter wherever they choose

I want to deliver wishes from dandelions
Push ships across seas
And make music in the chimes hanging by your front door

If I have to come back at all
Don't make me human

Don't make my stay stagnant

Just let me be the wind

No comments:

Post a Comment