Friday, October 9, 2026

Weight of it all

 By Steve De'lano Garcia (posted by Nona)

"When the world goes silent around you and the weight of it all presses so hard you can barely breathe, I will not look away; I will not flinch, and I will not leave you to carry it by yourself. I will stay beside you in that aching place where words fail, and pain speaks in a language too deep for most people to bear, not to fix you, not to preach at you, and not to force you into some neat little version of healing, but simply to let you know that your suffering does not make you unworthy of company. There is a kind of grief that strips everything back and leaves a person feeling unseen even in a crowded world, and that is exactly where I would choose to meet you, quietly, steadily, without judgment. You would not have to perform strength for me or pretend you are coping when you are barely holding together, because some forms of love do not rescue; they remain. So if you find yourself in that place where sorrow feels endless and the night inside you will not lift, know this much at least: I would still be there, sitting beside your pain, making sure you do not have to face it as if you were the only soul in the world carrying it."

No comments:

Post a Comment